Notices for the week beginning Sunday 5th April 2020
While the Coronavirus Pandemic persists:
While the Coronavirus Pandemic persists and until further notice:
The daily prayers continue to be said (except on Tuesday).
Daily posts with Bible readings and prayers are being made on our church Facebook page. “St Mary’s Church, Stone-next-Dartford”.
Please do e-mail (www.stmarystone.org) or phone (01322 - 382076) with prayer requests.
Express your Christianity through kindness and concern for your neighbours.
Follow the daily prayer feed on the Church of England website, praying for yourself and for others at home.
A Guide to getting on to Facebook
1.Type ‘Facebook’ into your computer or tablet or phone search box
2. Click the link ‘log into Facebook’ and you will arrive at a screen which will let you create your own account.
3. Enter your email address as directed and create a password that you will remember (e.g. an old address or phone number or a car registration number)
4. Enter a birth date
5. Click ‘sign up’ and an email will then be sent to you with a number code to enter into the box on the next screen.
6. Enter the code from the email into the box and click ‘continue’.
7. A message should appear to say your account is confirmed and that you will use your email address to log in. Click OK.
8. To find the St Mary’s page type st mary the virgin church stone-next-dartford into the search box at the top of the screen and then click the first post on the screen that appears next to see the most recent posts.
9. To make sure you see all new posts from St Mary’s as they appear, click the ‘Like’ button (the thumbs up symbol).
10. If you only want to follow St Mary’s this is all you have to do.
Donations to Mary’s Child
Please don’t forget those in greater need than yourself. Donations of all kinds of groceries are sought, or else money to buy groceries for families on low incomes, including those now prevented from working. Let the Rector know if you can offer anything. Thanks to so many who have contributed already. Deliveries are getting out.
Holy Week & Easter Services
Since these will not be able to take place as normal, in which case appropriate snippets will be made available via Facebook, including Holy Communion on Maundy Thursday, prayers at the foot of the cross on Good Friday, lighting of the Easter Candle on Easter Eve, blessing of the Easter Garden on Easter Day.
Annual Parochial Church Meeting
Scheduled for 26th April. The report of the PCC and Accounts for 2019 will be circulated shortly via e-mail as in the past, but elections will have to be held at a rearranged meeting when that is possible once again.
Due to have been held on 13th June. This is now cancelled.
OOr brunch really. After Easter there will be a trial of a new and, we hope, regular event: a monthly breakfast held after morning service on Family Service days. Beginning to be announced.
Revision of the Electoral Roll
The annual revision of our membership list takes place now. You have until 29th March to complete an application for inclusion on the roll, for which you will have to state that you are baptized, over 16 and resident in the parish and/or a habitual worshipper here. Ask for an application form.
Stamps for Multiple Sclerosis
Did you know that used stamps are being collected on behalf of the Multiple Sclerosis Society? Save them from your Christmas correspondence and drop them in the bag pinned to the back noticeboard when the church building is next able to be open.
Calendar & Dates
Please note the following moveable dates for 2020: 5th April – Palm Sunday (shared service at St Mary Greenhithe); 12th April – Easter Day; 19th April – Annual Parochial Church Meeting; 21st May – Ascension Day; 31st May – Pentecost; 13th June – Corpus Christi (transferred); 27th September – Harvest Thanksgiving; 1st November – All Souls’ Commemoration; 15th November; 28th November – Christmas Market; 29th November – Advent Sunday.
Please also note the Deanery Confirmations on the evenings of 14th June and 15th November if you are thinking about membership of the Church through adult baptism or confirmation.
The parish calendar is also kept up to date online and can always be accessed on this site here.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You are invited to give consent that we may contact you from time to time. To continue hearing from us or to join our contact list for the first time please complete the online form on our website or the sheet available in church. Our privacy notices are on the noticeboard in church and our website here www.stmarystone.org/gdpr.