Notices for the week beginning Sunday 5th May 2021
Whilst restrictions are easing and it is no longer necessary to book a place in church, please remember HANDS – FACE – SPACE. You may pick your seat, but remember that the long benches are meant for either one household bubble or two individuals sitting at opposite ends. Do make room for one another. Crowding together to chat and socialise still isn’t on, and after the last hymn sung outdoors make your way home, please.
Thank you for all your co-operation with the Coronavirus precautions.
With the usual rocket finale, Holy Communion will be celebrated at 7 pm this Thursday 13th May to celebrate the Ascension of Our Lord. As far as possible try to keep this major festival of the Church as a holiday.
The next scheduled churchyard working party is on Saturday 5th June from 9 am and we hope to hire a chipper to reduce some of the cuttings. There are jobs for all levels of engagement from light snipping and feeding the workers to more heavy-duty pruning and feeding the machine.
Charity of the Month
Thank you for your donations for St Peter’s Anglican Church, Jaffa, which so far total £427.50. The aim is to support CMS mission partner Kevin Cable and his wife Jen as they reopen this church and rebuild a congregation over the next five years.
St Mary’s Day
Whilst it is impossible to be definite at the moment, our patronal festival 15th August falls on a Sunday this year and it would be a fine opportunity for a social gathering once again. Please mark the date in your diary for a party in the rectory garden.
A Gift to support the work of St Mary’s
Many of you responded generously with an extra gift to fill the hole in our 2020 fundraising. THANK YOU!
As we enter a new financial year your gifts of cash or cheques are still most welcome, or electronically: the church account is sort code 60-06-33, a/c 16570987. Please note our new JustGiving facility on this website here or install the Easy Fundraising reminder as you shop on line. Don’t forget Gift Aid too.
This Week at St Mary’s:-
Daily (except Tuesday)
9 am Mattins
5 pm Evensong
7 pm Good night from St Mary’s (on Facebook)
Wednesday 12th May
10 am Coffee Morning (on Zoom – please respond to the e-mail invitation)
2-4 pm Church open for private prayer
7.30 pm Bible Fellowship (on Zoom – please respond to the e-mail invitation)
Thursday 13th May ~ The Ascension of Our Lord
7 pm Holy Communion
Friday 14th May
7 pm Choir practice
Next Sunday is the Sunday after Ascension (Easter 7)
9 am Mattins
10 am Holy Communion (on Facebook)
5 pm Evensong (on Facebook)
Calendar & Dates
Please note the following dates for 2021: -
13th May – Ascension Day; 23rd May – Pentecost; 3rd May – Corpus Christi; 26th September – Harvest Thanksgiving; 28th November – Advent Sunday.
Hymns, Reflections & Prayers
Daily hope from the Church of England. Do share the following free phone number with anyone, especially those without access to the internet: 0800 804 8044
Stamps for Multiple Sclerosis
Did you know that used stamps are being collected on behalf of the Multiple Sclerosis Society? Save them from your Christmas correspondence and drop them in the bag pinned to the back noticeboard when the church building is next able to be open.
A Guide to getting on to Facebook
1.Type ‘Facebook’ into your computer or tablet or phone search box
2. Click the link ‘log into Facebook’ and you will arrive at a screen which will let you create your own account.
3. Enter your email address as directed and create a password that you will remember (e.g. an old address or phone number or a car registration number)
4. Enter a birth date
5. Click ‘sign up’ and an email will then be sent to you with a number code to enter into the box on the next screen.
6. Enter the code from the email into the box and click ‘continue’.
7. A message should appear to say your account is confirmed and that you will use your email address to log in. Click OK.
8. To find the St Mary’s page type st mary the virgin church stone-next-dartford into the search box at the top of the screen and then click the first post on the screen that appears next to see the most recent posts.
9. To make sure you see all new posts from St Mary’s as they appear, click the ‘Like’ button (the thumbs up symbol).
10. If you only want to follow St Mary’s this is all you have to do.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You are invited to give consent that we may contact you from time to time. To continue hearing from us or to join our contact list for the first time please complete the online form on our website or the sheet available in church. Our privacy notices are on the noticeboard in church and our website here www.stmarystone.org/gdpr.