Notices for the week beginning Sunday 16th January 2022
Charity of the Month
Our present good cause is Water Aid, with the aim of providing clean water and decent toilets around the world. You may add to the collection at any point this month using the wooden ‘Offerings’ box on the back pew.
Next Sunday’s morning service will include prayer for healing with anointing and/or laying on of hands. Please do share any requests for healing in the intercessions book or privately so that they can be included.
Holy Communion at 7 pm on Wednesday 2nd February will be preceded by the blessing and distribution of candles and a procession to mark the Presentation of Christ in the Temple.
Calling in the Collecting Pigs
As a Christmas/Epiphany gift, are there any little piggies ready to be returned? You can add them to the collection or place them on the altar of give them to Dianne.
Special Service for Maureen
Please mark Tuesday 15th February 2 pm in your diary as a special occasion when Bishop Simon will visit to commission Maureen Franke for the work of an Anna Chaplain in the parish. Maureen has been preparing for this role of spiritual care for older people. Ask her about what it involves.
Calendar & Dates
In accordance with the very practical Epiphany tradition of announcing the year’s moveable feasts, please note the following dates for 2021: 9th January – Baptism of Christ; 2nd March – Ash Wednesday; 17th April – Easter Day; 26th May – Ascension Day; 5th June – Pentecost; 16th June – Corpus Christi; 25th September – Harvest Thanksgiving; 27th November – Advent Sunday.
This Week at St Mary’s:-
Daily (except Tuesday)
9 am Mattins (not Monday, Wednesday)
5 pm Evensong
Wednesday 19th January
2-4 pm Church open for prayer
Thursday 20th January
7.30 pm Bell ringing practice
Friday 21st January
7 pm Choir practice
Next Sunday is Epiphany 3
9 am Mattins
10 am Healing Service with Communion
5 pm Evensong
Hymns, Reflections & Prayers
Daily hope from the Church of England. Do share the following free phone number with anyone, especially those without access to the internet: 0800 804 8044
A Guide to getting on to Facebook
1.Type ‘Facebook’ into your computer or tablet or phone search box
2. Click the link ‘log into Facebook’ and you will arrive at a screen which will let you create your own account.
3. Enter your email address as directed and create a password that you will remember (e.g. an old address or phone number or a car registration number)
4. Enter a birth date
5. Click ‘sign up’ and an email will then be sent to you with a number code to enter into the box on the next screen.
6. Enter the code from the email into the box and click ‘continue’.
7. A message should appear to say your account is confirmed and that you will use your email address to log in. Click OK.
8. To find the St Mary’s page type st mary the virgin church stone-next-dartford into the search box at the top of the screen and then click the first post on the screen that appears next to see the most recent posts.
9. To make sure you see all new posts from St Mary’s as they appear, click the ‘Like’ button (the thumbs up symbol).
10. If you only want to follow St Mary’s this is all you have to do.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You are invited to give consent that we may contact you from time to time. To continue hearing from us or to join our contact list for the first time please complete the online form on our website or the sheet available in church. Our privacy notices are on the noticeboard in church and our website here www.stmarystone.org/gdpr.